I'm just posting this because I feel so sorry for those who have lost money.This is an article from the WRDW/12 website.

Hope it helps a little. Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016 COLUMBIA CO., Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - The Development Authority of Columbia County named Southern Tots Company of the year in 2015 but this week the online children's clothing business abruptly closed.

An On Your Side investigation reveals Southern Tots closed after the Georgia Attorney General ordered the owner to refund more than seven thousand customers. Southern Tots sent this statement to On Your Side's Liz Owens: "Southern Tots is in the process of shutting down operations because it is no longer financially able to continue. We appreciate the support of our loyal customers and the opportunity we had to provide them with quality children's clothing for the past 6 years. We understand that there are a number of customers who are awaiting fulfillment of their orders.

We are working working with our vendors and lenders to see if we can fulfill those orders. We are saddened and heartbroken that our business, which we built from scratch, is not able to continue." The owner, Ashley Jerningan, also gave little explanation to her employees. Several contacted Gigi Turner with the Better Business Bureau after finding out they were out of a job. "They were told this week that they are no longer working and sent them all home," Turner said.

For over a year, consumers have been filing those complaints with the Better Business Bureau. "Some consumers have product they ordered but haven't received. Some have been waiting for months for their product," Turner said. Consumers also complained to the Georgia Attorney General.

In September, Jernigan voluntary agreed to give more than seven thousand customers a refund which totals more than $175,000. The refunds only include purchases made from December of 2015 through March of 2016. Jernigan was also ordered to pay a $20,000 fine, which she did in October. This comes after the Attorney General alleged Jernigan committed unfair or deceptive acts or practices.

According to the Development Authority of Columbia County, Southern Tots employed more than thirty people and made more than 14 million dollars in sales in five years. The Attorney General is urging consumers to call the Office of Consumer Protection if they don't receive a refund or order.

The number is (800) 869-1123.The Better Business Bureau is also asking consumer to call them if they have a complaint at (706) 210-7676.

This person wrote the review about Southern Tots. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Southern Tots to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Southern Tots for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Phefley
Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States #1248736

So wrong even after they were in trouble by the attorney general they kept taking orders and people's money. Just awful.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States #1246356

I will be following up for sure. I have never been happy with how they fulfill orders so long after they take my payment. I will be ensuring I get my items or my money back.